Tuesday, October 27, 2015

Way to Long!

     It has been so very long since I wrote anything on this blog. I have had so many times thought, I need to write about that, then something will happen and I forget. Well for a bit over a week I have been thinking about prayer. When I was praying one evening as I was at an event, my heart was so full of joy and hope but also sad with a desire I have had for many years. I said Lord you know what I desire and I heard the Lord say, Are you ready for battle? I thought yes, but part of me thought am I really? Well the next day I was reading His word and thinking about how to start with this and where to start, or even how to pray. I was thinking I Peter 5:7 casting all your cares upon Him, for He cares for you. v. 8 satan is seeking whom he may devour. v 9 resist him.... These things were in my mind, then I thought of this, make request known to the Lord. So I went to Philippians 4:6 & 7, v6 Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving let you request be made known to God; v7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
     So that got me to thinking about what is prayer and supplication? I have been taught about prayer and I know it is talking with the Lord but I really wanted to get to the meat of it if I was fixing to go to battle over something. So I picked up my phone and asked Siri of all things, I didn't have my Webster with me lol, so this is what prayer means through that, Prayer: is an invocation or act that seeks to activate a rapport with an object of worship through deliberate communication. Prayer can be a form of religious practice may be either individual or communal and take place in public or in private. It may involve the use of words, song or complete silence. When language is used, prayer may take the form of a hymn, incantation, formal creedal statement or spontaneous utterance in the praying person. Then I downloaded a Webster dictionary app and looked it up that way. It says, prayer: an address (as a petition) to God or a god in word or thought 2. a set order of words used in praying. An earnest request or wish. the act or practice of praying to God or a god a religious service consisting chiefly of prayers. On and on like this. Then I asked Siri again what does supplication mean, and here was the answer: supplication: the action of asking or begging for something earnestly or humbly. Then I went to my Webster app and it said, supplication: to make a humble entreaty; especially to pray to God, 1. to ask humbly and earnestly of to ask for earnestly and humbly.
     I then went to Bible Gateway and looked up everywhere it says on prayer and supplication together in the bible. I came across quite a few. I want to share this with you. Daniel 9.....
     This chapter is a prayer from Daniel. Although I don't understand all his visions I do see something that took place often with him. v3 When he began to pray he set his face towards the Lord God to make his request known to Him by prayer and supplication , with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes. Which back then with fasting, sackcloth, and ashes was 3 customary ways to express sorrow and contrition. (contrition means deep sorrow and repentance of sin, remorse for sin.)
v 17 Now therefore our God, hear the prayer of your servant and his supplications, and for the lords sake cause Your face to shine on Your sanctuary, which is desolate.
v18 O God incline Your ear and hear; open Your eyes and see our desolation's, and the city which is called by Your name; for we do not present our supplications before You because of our righteous deeds, but because of Your great mercies.
     I love what happens next...
v20-23 While he was praying and confessing his sin and the sin of his people Israel and presenting supplication before the Lord, and while he was speaking in prayer,  Gabriel whom he has seen before, being caused to fly swiftly to reach him and said...
   Listen to this, love it,
O Daniel I have come forth to give you skill to understand. v.23 At the beginning of your supplication the command went out, and I have come to tell you, for you are greatly beloved...
     God heard Daniels cries and came to him and gave him understanding of the vision.
This is a great example of what prayer and supplication can bring forth. It will move the hand of the Lord. Did you notice that part, in the beginning of your supplication the command went out.. wow
Psalms 86:6&7
     Give ear O Lord to my prayer and attend to the voice of my supplication. v7 In the day of my trouble I will call on You, For You will answer me!
I love the fact that David prayed this and said boldly, For You will answer me! He went before the Lord knowing and expecting Him to answer his prayer.
     For in Hebrews 4:16 it says Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need.
I love v14 we have a great high Priest who has passed through the heavens Jesus Christ the Son of God, let us hold fast (don't give up) our confession, v15 for we do not have a High Priest who can not sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. - hence v16 let us therefore come boldly before the throne.
      I don't know about you but I am very encouraged that the Lord hears us and will answer us. God's ears are open to us, He hears our cries, and He will come to our rescue, He will answer our cries , our prayers and supplications are not done in vain, He will not turn a blind eye.
      So I ask you to open your bible and allow it to come alive to you and pray. Whatever you are going through the Lord knows. But I tell you that I have so many other scriptures on this matter and maybe I can do a part 2 another day. So go to the Lord and make your request known to him, continue everyday. Don't give up pray pray pray! He will answer you!
      If you need prayer leave me a comment or email me and I will pray for you. We serve a great big God and He will come through for you! I do believe I learn some things through this and I hope you have too. You probably already knew these things but maybe there was a tiny nugget in there for you. I sure love it!! Thank You Lord for you wonderful word!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment